Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Women be shopping!

That's the saying anyway! Well, I went yarn shopping but ONLY because Rowan was 20% off. Gotta love KSH on sale! I've been holding out forever to make the camisole out of Weekend Knitting, plus the little wrap I got from Knitting on an Island (more practical than the cowl I think), and at 20% off, I'm on my way!!

Here's what I bought (not the full quantity of each though). Of course I already said what the KSH was for. The cotton glace is for a tank I'm making up, probably on the knitting machine, as well as the Calmer which I'll be combining somehow with another color of Calmer I have left from Marnie's tank.

The Rowan tweed is something I've been drooling over for some time, and this color was really pretty. I don't have a specific pattern for that yet, but I'm thinking of a simple knit tee. Any suggestions?

Here's my swatch of the KSH on size 10's. I did it on 11's first and it was way off. On 10's the row gauge is right but the stitch gauge is still off. I might try it on 9's and decide from there which is best.


I measured out the skein of llama that I spun and unfortunately it only comes out to about 205 yards. I really don't want to waste it on a scarf, but I'm really stumped if there's any other garment that I can turn it into with such low yardage. Maybe some wrist warmers, I had seen some cabled ones somewhere that I liked. The colors are so beautiful and I just don't think a scarf would do it justice. I'm open to any ideas on how best to use my first real handspun yarn!

I'm very excited about having everyone to my house tomorrow, I only hope the weather cooperates, as my tiny house may be bursting at the seams if we're all trapped inside. I just thought having all my friends over, knitting in the backyard was a great way to enjoy this beautiful weather we've been having. Oh yes, and there will be alcohol. What more could I ask for?

Comments:
Definitely go for stitch guage rather than row guage with the KSH - you can always adjust how many rows you knit so the length is right.

Calmer is gorgeous stuff - I've just started the chemo cap from Knitty using the deep blue.

Hope you all have fun tomorrow night - I'll be half missing you, half enjoying being on stage and performing. :) But if it works and you repeat it, absolutely count me in.
 
I just checked out the yardage for the "Liesel" scarf it takes 210 but with a size 8 needle. Maybe with a seven/six? It's a pretty leafy pattern but then again I am leaf obsessed.
 
Nice yarn from your shopping trip, I am on the stash diet so I just have to be content with looking at what everyone else is buying.
 
I made these cabled wristwarmers and liked the pattern. I made them in the round with a buttonhole for the thumb, but they came out rly nice.

And i love llama!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?