Thursday, June 22, 2006

Just stopping by...

Just stopping in to tell you about a great store I visited last night. It's in Sterling Heights, and it's somewhat tucked away in a strip mall, and I am kicking myself for not ever "finding" it sooner. I had heard the name of the store before and casually looked into where it was on the map, but then just never got there. This great store is "Indigo Rose", named for the owner Rose. I was on my way to our weekly meetup at Caribou last night and since I had to run some errands in the area first I thought I'd take a quick look at what IR carried. I was checking it out not only for myself but for my friends that I knit with. My quick look turned into over an hour of talking with Rose, her associate Anita (who knows Devon by the way, and told me to tell him hi) and checking out their yarn selection. Rose is a spinner, and as soon as she found out I was a new spinner, flooded me with info and flyers for a Spinners Guild that she said I would love and even gifted me with fabulous roving, one of which she wasn't sure of the content, the other was "top" and she said I would love it. She has extensive knowledge of dyeing fiber, and gave me a quick lesson on how easy it is to do. She also carries some beautiful Kid Mohair, which I will be going back for. Some of it is dyed, but she says she can barely keep it in stock, and the other is natural, but simple to dye, so she says.

Fabulous store, decent yarn selection (Rowan, Dale of Norway, Annie Blatt, Classic Elite, plus many others) but the atmosphere alone would bring me back in.

Indigo Rose is located on Van Dyke, just North of 16 mile, in a strip mall next to Shogun Steak house. They have awesome hours, several nights open till 9. Gotta love a yarn store that acknowledges those of us who have JOBS, so we can pay for our stash enhancement!

If you stop in, tell Rose I sent you.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?