Friday, February 03, 2006

I've been knitting...really!!

First of all, I want to start with a little venting. I'm really new to this whole world of blogging and I attempt to update during free moments at work, so I don't have tons of time to learn all there is to know about it. I'm having the hardest time posting pics that will correlate with text describing the picture! It all gets jumbled around and I get all these huge gaping blank spaces and I really don't know how to fix it. So, having said that, I welcome any suggestions about how to get all my "ducks in a row" so to speak and I apologize for the amateur-ish look with everything askew.


I have so many things going right now that it feels like NOTHING is actually getting done. But slowly some of my WIP's are winding down. The pics above show the black SO socks that I'm working on. I'm almost finished with the heel flaps on BOTH socks, so that's making me happy.

The next pics (blue) show the latest progress on Marnie's test knitting. I'm flying thru the chart now even though I didn't get to work on it that much this week. It's good to see it coming together though, and I can't wait to finish it. The second pic is a closeup of the cabling pattern that is charted out.

Here is the latest progress on the Christmas present I'm still trying to finish. The gray fabric behind it will be the lining and I have the handles sewn on, I'm just finishing the second magnet cover on the center of the bag.


Also, I know I said I was on a yarn diet, but that was until I saw Grumperina's Odessa hat, which is absolutely adorable. I've never knit with beads before, but that usually doesn't stop me so I had to pick this up and I'll be giving it a try very soon. Aren't these gorgeous?

And finally, I got my Sockapalooza pal info yesterday, so now I need to figure out which socks to make and out of what......very exciting indeed! I've been studying up on my pal, checking out her blog and trying to analyze her likes/dislikes, favorite color and the like. Like a detective, a Knitting Detective if you will. I've found out alot already, so I'm feeling pretty confident that I'll pick something she likes. The only scary thing is, based on her blog, she looks like a very accomplished knitter, but hey, no pressure!

This is a big weekend for all of us here in the Detroit area, and while I am not a football fan, I only hope that everyone behaves in the city this weekend, and it would be nice to get positive feedback from all the visitors that are here and not confirmation of previous events where things went bad.

Go Knitting Fans!!

Comments:
I use tables to put my text beside pictures, and mix the order around. If you'd like a tutorial, I'm happy to give you some examples one SnB or via email or something. It's actually fairly easy.

Everything is looking just wonderful - and those black socks will get done sooner than you realise.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?