Thursday, December 08, 2005

Well, SHUT MY MOUTH!

I was actually, literally rendered speechless yesterday. I came to work, the CPA was here for our quarterly review, which always translates into a VERY fun day for me and in the midst of all the commotion, my boss walks in and lays a book down on my desk. "Here" he says, "I thought you might be interested in this". And walked away. The book was Designer Knitting with Kitty Bartholomew . Holy crap and shut my mouth. I have mentioned knitting to him, but by no means have I had lengthy discussions about my interest in it. I don't think I've even shown him any completed projects, but he has seen me walking out of work with boxes of yarn from Joann's. He jokes about "all my spare time" to be crafty. Needless to say, I was completely impressed with his awareness, AND not to mention that he actually purchased the book for me. He said she's from his home town or something and saw her at a book signing. He quickly said there was NO way he was standing in line with all of THOSE women, to get my book signed. I think he thought they were a little too scary to barge in on. I'll live with it as it is. How cool is that?

On another note, what's the point of Joann's carrying knitting stuff if they are ALWAYS out of stock on the exact thing I need. I went to two different stores within 2 days looking for size 3 circs, and both stores were out of that size ONLY!! ARGGHHH!! I went online today and ordered it that way with my free shipping code, but still.....I'm an instant gratification kinda girl.....who wants to wait 7-10 business days to get creative? I realize that I wouldn't have this problem were I ordering Addi's, and I do love them better, but this chick is on a budget, so I'd rather deal with the less appealing needles, and drool over the nicer yarns for my FO's.

As far as knitting, unfortunately I've been slacking a bit. I've only knitted a few more rows on my SD's hat, but I did cast on for my SO's second sock. I only have about 1-1/2" of ribbing done on the first, but the idea is to catch up the second and knit them both at the same time. I keep swirling it around in my head (ain't nothing else up there lately) and I really think I can move them together and knit from separate skeins.

I'm done with my aerobics class till January (I attempt to teach) so I'm happy for the 5 weeks off to concentrate on the rest of my life...which lately equates to knitting, or thinking about knitting, or thinking about how much I'm NOT knitting....pretty sad. It used to be I'd get mad at myself for walking into the grocery store for a gallon of milk and walk out a hundred bucks lighter. Now I can't go into a yarn store without the same reaction. Case in point: I walked into HYAW
last Saturday to pick up A skein of yarn to finish my SO's hat, and walked out about 60 dollars lighter. Hello? Do I have no restraint?

Well at least tonight I'll get two hours of uninterrupted knitting at my daughter's gymnastics class. Whoo hoo!! It's the little things in life that keep us sane, I mean going!

Take care!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?