Friday, December 02, 2005

Machine Knitting

Well, still no pics, but I have successfully completed my first machine knit project! I did the rolled edge child's hat from the pattern book, seamed it up, and it's pretty dang cute. That of course made my brain spin extra hard all night about how I can modify/improve and just basically alter that pattern, since I'm never content to follow a pattern more than once. From cooking to sewing and now to knitting I have never liked following someone elses rules-once for a guideline and then I'm off and running after that.

I've been getting some tips from Marnie Maclean, a designer in CA, and I'm anxious to put some of her suggestions to the test. It should be a busy weekend. I have a link to her blog on the sidebar, be sure to check out her designs. She's got some awesome pieces, and I discovered her on Knitty Gritty.

Take care!

Comments:
Am I your first comment? Cool! I'll be cyberstalking you from now on. :-) See you this weekend!
-Amby
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?